World Mental Health Day
World Mental Health Day is a day meant to bring awareness to mental illness. It is a day for global mental health education, awareness, and advocacy against the social stigma of having a mental illness. Supporters celebrate by making others aware of the illness and its major effects on peoples’ lives worldwide. Mental Health Awareness is celebrated throughout the month of October with the first full week in October is World Mental Health Week.
When is World Mental Health Day?
October 10th – celebrated the same day every year
Type of Holiday?
How is World Mental Health Day celebrated?
- Be willing to talk about the effects of the illness on those around you
- Don’t judge others with mental illness
- If you have a mental illness seek help
- Be there and support others who may suffer from the disease
- Educate yourself on the illness
World Mental Health Day Facts:
- 1 in 5 Americans affected by mental health conditions
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#worldmentalhealthday #mentalhealth #curestigma
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on October 10th :
- Brett Favre – Football Player
- Mario Lopez, 44 – American television host
- Dale Earnhardt Jr., 43 – Race Car Driver
- Mýa, 38 – Songwriter