Not to be confused with National Waffle Day, Waffle Day is celebrated on March 25th in most parts of the world. The U.S. celebrates the holiday on August 24th, the day the Waffle was invented. Waffles are most commonly a breakfast food, like pancakes. A delicious way to serve waffles is topped with butter, syrup and bacon. Waffles are also frequently served with fried chicken.
When is Waffle Day Celebrated?
To be safe, Waffle Day is celebrated twice a year – March 25th in Sweden and other parts of the world and in the U.S. on August 24th.
Type of Holiday:
Fun. Food Holiday.
How you can celebrate Waffle Day:
- Eat waffles for breakfast, lunch and, dinner
- Enjoy waffles with ice cream
- Have friends over for a waffle and ice cream party
- Join friends at a restaurant that serves waffles and ice cream
- Take out your waffle iron and make waffles or something special, like brownies, cookies or even pizza.
- Waffles have become so popular, there are waffle cookies.
Waffle Day Trivia/Facts:
- Waffles have been around since the middles ages
- International Waffle day originated in Sweden
- The first written waffle recipe was discovered in the 14th century in an anonymous manuscript
- Belgian Waffles were first known as “Brussels” Waffles and was invented in 1839
- The Pilgrims brought the first waffles to America
- The World Record for the largest waffle was set at 110 pounds and had a diameter of 8 feet 1.24 inches. It was made in the Netherlands
- Eggo waffles were introduced to supermarkets in 1953
- Since its creation in 1955, the Waffle House restaurant has served just under 900 million waffles
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 25th:
- Elton John – Singer
- Danica Patrick – Race Car Driver
- Sarah Jessica Parker – Actress
- Aretha Franklin – Singer
- Gloria Steinman – Woman Activist
- Marcia Cross – Actress
- Debi Thomas – Famous Olympic Skater
Popular Hashtags for Social Media:
#waffle #waffles #cafe #foodie