Ugly Christmas Sweater Day
Ugly Christmas Sweater Day – a day you are encouraged to break out the most obnoxious, sparkly, gaudy sweater with a Christmas theme. On this day wear that sweater – loud and proud. Wear it to work, school, a birthday party, or even a funeral. This day is all about fun, so don’t hesitate to wear your gaudiest, ugliest sweater.
Type of Holiday?
When is National Ugly Christmas Sweater Day?
The 3rd Friday in December
December 20, 2019
December 18, 2020
December 17, 2021
December 16, 2022
December 15, 2023
How to Celebrate Ugly Christmas Sweater Day?
- Buy an ugly Christmas sweater
- Wear the sweater all day
- Have a party for everyone to wear their sweaters
- Have an ugly sweater contest
- Invite friends over to make your very own ugly sweaters
- Remember – the more outdated and gaudy the sweater – the better your friends will enjoy it
Ugly Sweater Day Trivia/Facts
- The day was said to have started thanks to The Cosby Show’s, Cliff Huxtable. He was famous for wearing ugly sweaters – not just for Christmas.
- The sweater has expanded to include the ‘ugly Christmas suit and blazer.’
#nationaluglychristmassweaterday #uglychristmassweaterday #uglysweaterday