Teacher Appreciation Day
Teacher Appreciation Day is a day set aside to spread awareness of the important role that teachers play in our children’s lives. Not only do they educate our children, they also prepare students for their future higher education and to be upstanding citizens. This is a day dedicated to showing moral support and voice words of appreciation to our favorite teachers.
When is Teacher Appreciation Day?
It takes place on the Tuesday of the first full week in May. For 2018 the date falls on May 8th. For 2019 May 7th and in 2020 May 5th.
Type of Holiday?
How is Teacher Appreciation Day celebrated?
- Some PTA members bring in lunch for the teachers to thank them for their service
- Give a gift to your teacher. You can give your teacher a thank you card or get a personalized gift
- Decorating their classroom doors
- Give an apple to your teacher
- Training seminars and conferences are held on these days
Teacher Appreciation Day Trivia/Facts:
- Also known as Teacher’s Day or National Teacher Day
- It is held on the first Tuesday in May
- Eleanor Roosevelt persuaded Congress to proclaim a ‘National Teacher Day’
- Madeleine Albright was once a teacher
- Teachers’ Appreciation Day was originally celebrated in March. In 1985, The National Education Association Assembly switched it to May.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on May 8th:
- Enrique Iglesias, Pop Singer
- David Attenborough, TV Show Host
- Gary Glitter, Rock Singer
- Don Rickles, Comedian
- Adrian Gonzalez, Baseball player
- Candance Nelson, Chef
- Melissa Gilbert, TV Actress
- Mona Monica Kattan, Entrepreneur
- Ricky Nelson, Pop Singer
- Mark Noble, Soccer Player
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Thankateacher #lovemyteacher #teacherappreciation