Singles Awareness Day
Singles Awareness Day is considered a humorous holiday that provides single people with an alternative to Valentine’s Day festivities. Some people consider Singles Awareness Day (sometimes shortened to S.A.D.) as the anti-Valentine’s Day and celebrate it on Feb. 14th, but others recognize Feb.15 as the official holiday.
When is Singles Awareness Day?
Same day every year, February 15th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial Holiday. Fun
How to celebrate S.A.D.?
It is a celebration of love in all forms recognizing the love between friends and family, and loving yourself. It is also celebrated by participating in singles events. This includes traveling, volunteering, reading a book, bicycle riding or anything your heart desires.
Singles Awareness Day Trivia:
- Observers usually celebrate this holiday to spite Valentine’s Day (these people might be a bit on the bitter side)
- There is also a National Singles Day – celebrated September 22nd in the U.S.
- This holiday serves as a reminder that you don’t need to be in a relationship to celebrate life
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 15th:
- Chris Farley – Actor/Deceased
- Susan B. Anthony – Women’s Rights Activist
- Jane Seymour – Actress
- Zachary Gordon – Actor
- Galileo – Astronomer
- Janice Dickenson – Model
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#singles #single #singlesawarenessday
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.