Oscars 2018 – March 4th
The Oscars, also known as the Academy Awards, is a very popular awards ceremony where the best films are presented with an award. For the 2nd year in a row, Jimmy Kimmel will host the Academy Awards. The 90th Academy Awards ceremony will take place on March 4, 2018 at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, California at 5:00 p.m. PST.
When is the Oscars (also referred to as the Academy Awards)?
In 2018, the Oscars is on March 4th. The date changes every year.
Type of Holiday?
It’s not a holiday, but a noted date.
How is the Oscars celebrated?
- Celebrate by hosting a viewing party. Get dressed up and invite friends over for cocktails and to watch the show
- Get dressed up and watch the show
- Fill out a form with all of the nominees and see if you can predict who will win the Oscar for your favorite categories
- There are 24 categories of nominations for the Oscars
- The 90th Academy Awards have broken a record for the number of married couples that share a nomination. (Can you say stress?) Among them are: Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan (Best Picture for Dunkirk)
- Meryl Streep is the most nominated performer of all time – with the record being 21 nominations
- The Oscar weighs 6 3/4 pounds, and stands 13 1/2 inches high
- The longest acceptance speech ever given at an Oscar ceremony was given by Greer Garson. Her speech lasted for about five minutes and 30 seconds
- The first time five African American performers were nominated for acting awards was in 2004
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#Oscars #AcademyAwards #JimmyKimmel #Oscars2018
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 4th:
- Patricia Heaton – Actress
- Chaz Bono – Son (former daughter) of Sonny and Cher
- Bobbi Kristina Brown – deceased daughter of Whitney Houston and Bobby Brown
- Rick Perry – Politician
- Whitney Port – Reality Star
- Josh Bowman – Actor
- Len Wiseman – Director