National Truffle Day
National Truffle Day is a day to celebrate those delicious chocolate truffles. While truffles are also mushrooms, this holiday is all about the chocolate kind of truffle. There are three different types of truffles including American, European and Swiss. All truffles include they a creamy ganache filling and a topping. Some common toppings include cocoa, coconut, or drizzled chocolate.
When is National Truffle Day?
Every year on May 2nd
Type of Holiday:
How to Celebrate National Truffle Day?
- Have a party and serve truffles
- Bring truffles to work for your co-workers
- Try a new truffle recipe, like these truffle recipes we found that look delicious. These truffles only have three ingredients and we have made them. They are easy – why not try them?
- Stop by your local candy or chocolate shop and pick up some truffles
Trivia/Facts for National Truffle Day:
- According to legend, the chocolate truffle was created by Louis Dufour in Chambery, France in 1895
- There are three types of truffles: American, European and Swiss
- The first recipe for a chocolate truffle appears in a cookbook from the 1920s
Celebrity Birthdays Celebrated on May 2nd:
- Princess Charlotte of Cambridge, daughter of Prince William
- Sarah Hughes – American figure skater
- Lily Allen – Singer, Songwriter
- The Rock (Dwayne Johnson) – Actor/Former Wrestler
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
chocolatetruffleday #nationalchocolatetruffleday #chocolatetruffles