National Puppy Day
Who doesn’t want to celebrate puppies? This day was created to encourage people to adopt, not shop for a puppy. Adopt because there are so many puppies and dogs who will be euthanized if they are not adopted. When shopping you run the risk of paying for a puppy that has come from a mill – so be sure to check out your breeder carefully if that is the route you choose. More than approximately 42.5 million households in the U.S. own one or more dogs and the total number of dogs in the country is in excess of 73 million. Dogs give an unconditional love to their owners and bring joy and happiness to families all over the world. Puppy Day founder was founded by Colleen Paige.
When is National Puppy Day?
Celebrated March 23rd every year
Type of Holiday?
How is National Puppy Day celebrated?
- Adopt a puppy
- Attend an adoption
- Assist an elderly neighbor by walking their puppy
- Have a puppy party and invite all your friends and their puppies
- Host a community event to raise money for your local animal shelter.
- Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to walk a puppy or play with a puppy, clean cages or anything else you can do
- Buy your puppy a new toy or a special treat
National Puppy Day Trivia/Facts:
- There approximately 8,000-10,000 puppy mills in the U.S.
- National Puppy Day is a day to celebrate the unconditional love that puppies bring to our lives
- Research the dog breeds before adopting a puppy. Take into consideration their size, temperament, activity level, breed characteristics in relation to your home environment and family lifestyle
- Never adopt a puppy as a gift for a child
- Puppies need exercise every day, preferably shorter walks more often, as young puppies tire easily, especially in heat
- The best way to help puppies with their teething is to give them teething rings that you can put in the freezer
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 23rd:
- Joan Crawford – Actress
- Rex Tillerson – Secretary of State under Donald Trump
- Chaka Kan – Singer
- Emmy Noether – Mathematician
- Kyrie Irving – Basketball Player
- Ayesha Curry – Celebrity Chef, Married to Basketball Player Steph Curry
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#puppy #dogs #notapuppyanymore #puppies #adoptdontshop