National Proposal Day
Waiting for the perfect time to propose to your loved one and you already missed Valentine’s Day? There is a special day created to take the angst out of finding that perfect day to propose or at the very least, let your loved one know they are marriage material. March 20th is Proposal Day, a now official day celebrated two times a year, on both the Vernal and Autumnal Equinoxes. The creator of the holiday is John Michael O’Loughlin. Don’t let the day slip by with telling your loved one you are open to a marriage proposal.
When is National Proposal Day?
Celebrated twice a year – on March 20th, the Vernal Equinox and September 20th, the Autumnal Equinox
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday
How is National Proposal Day celebrated?
- Tell your loved one they are marriage material
- Actually, propose to your loved one
- A proposal for marriage is usually accompanied by an engagement ring
- If you don’t have a significant other – today is a great day to start looking
National Proposal Day Trivia/Facts:
- Traditionally it is the male partner who proposes
- There are some countries where the woman can propose marriage to her sweetheart on a Leap Year
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#proposalday #propose #willyoumarryme
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 20th:
- Holly Hunter – Actress
- Baron Trump – President Trump’s youngest son
- Mr. Rogers – American Personality/Deceased
- Spike Lee – Director
- B.F. Skinner – American Psychologist
- Kathy Ireland – Model/Furniture Designer
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?