National Potato Chip Day
One of America’s favorite snacks is potato chips. The potato chip was said to be invented by an Irish Chef by name of George Crum. Thanks to a picky customer who kept sending his fried potatoes back because he thought they were too thick and soggy, Crum created a potato sliced so think they couldn’t be eaten with a fork. The customer loved them and they became a regular menu item.
When is National Potato Chip Day?
March 14th. The same day every year.
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday
How is National Potato Chip Day celebrated?
- Eat potato chips for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Add onion dip for the perfect potato chip side
National Potato Chip Day Trivia/Facts:
- Americans consume 1.2 billion pounds of potato chips each year
- It’s the nations favorite snack food
- In the 20th century, potato chips began to be mass-produced for home consumption
- Flavored chips were introduced in the 1950′s
- Potato Chip revenues are over $15 billion a year worldwide
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#piday #nationalpotatochipday #potatochipday
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 14th :
- Albert Einstein – Inventor
- Simone Biles – Olympic Gymnast
- Stephen Curry – Famous Basketball Player
- Quincy Jones – Record Producer
- Billy Crystal – Comedian
- Prince Albert of Monaco – Royalty
- Chris Klein – Actor
- Michael Caine – Actor
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?