NATIONAL PLANT A FLOWER DAY
As spring approaches, many of us love to plant flowers in anticipation of the warmer weather. In honor of planting those flowers, a day has been set aside to celebrate the activity, the National Plant a Flower Day. Each year this day is dedicated to the planting of flowers and looking forward to the spring season. Gardening is a favorite activity for people everywhere, planting flowers and vegetable gardens. This holiday is a great way to kick off the warmer weather and the start of the new season each year.
How is National Plant a Flower Day celebrated?
- Volunteer at a community garden.
- Add houseplants to your home to brighten the decor.
- Bring flowers to a friend to brighten their day.
- Many nurseries will have special events – look for ones in your area.
National Plant a Flower Day Trivia/Facts:
- There are more than 400,000 species of flowering plants around the world.
- Flowers have been shown to improve the concentration of people who work around them.
- Flowers, like trees, produce oxygen, so they’re good for you!
- The fastest plant to grow from a see is the sweet alyssum, celosia, cornflower or bachelor button, marigold, and cosmos. They sprout within five to seven days.
- The most profitable plant to grow is the bamboo
- Sunflowers and beans are the most common plants to grow for a science project.
- Tomatoes are the most common plants to grow in a vegetable garden, followed by peppers and cucumbers.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 12th:
- Elaine de Kooning – Artist
- Jack Kerouac – Writer
- Giuliano de’Medici – Monarch of Florence
- Liza Minelli – Singer/Actress
- George W. Mason – Industrialist
- Mitt Romney – Politician
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#plantaflower #flowers #roses