National Pizza Day
National Pizza Day is a day that celebrates one of America’s favorite foods, besides hotdogs of course, a flat, usually, round baked dough covered with sauce, cheese and sometimes meatballs, sausage, mushrooms or anchovies. This is a holiday where people can enjoy one of the most popular and iconic dishes in the world and kick back with a slice as they spend time with friends and family. The pizza wasn’t invented until the 18th century in Naples, Italy. It wasn’t until years later that Italian immigrants began to bring this dish home to the United States.
When is National Pizza Day
This holiday is celebrated on February 9th every year
Type of Holiday:
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How to Celebrate National Pizza Day
- Invented around the 18th century. This is when some of the citizens of Naples, Italy began to create flatbread dishes
- Make your own pizza for dinner
- Have pizza for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Look for an amazing deal today on pizza (or in some cases ice cream):
- Dominoes – choose two or more menu items, including pizzas for $5.99 each
- Papa John’s – 25% off coupon on Feb. 9 for all regular priced items on its menu
- Baskin Robbins’ has a new Sweetheart Polar Pizza Ice Cream treat (that is amazing) – Stop by your local Baskin Robbins on Feb. 9 between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m. to try the dessert pizza, It’s made with a brownie crust and topped with ice cream, marshmallow topping and fudge brownie pieces
- Every year, four billion pizzas are sold in the U.S. The majority of these are from restaurants, pizza chains, and pizzerias, but about a billion of those are grocery bought frozen pizzas.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 9th:
- Carole King – Singer
- Joe Pesci – Actor
- Mia Farrow – Actress
- Judith Light – Actress
- Dennis “DT” Thomas – Saxophone Player of Kool and the Gang is 64.
- Michael B. Jordan – Actor
- Rose Leslie – Actress
- William Henry Harrison – 9th president of the United States
Popular Hashtags for Social Media:
pizza #pizzaday #pizzagate #foodie
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.