National Pet Day
National Pet Day was founded in 2006 by Animal Welfare Advocate Colleen Paige. The day was created to celebrate our pets and the joy they bring to our lives. It was also created to make the public aware of the plight of many different kinds of animals who are in shelters and rescues. While this day is very similar to National Puppy Day, celebrated in March, this day also celebrates other pets including cats, kittens, guinea pigs and many more!
When is National Pet Day Celebrated?
April 11th. The same day every year.
Type of Holiday?
How can you celebrate National Pet Day?
- Adopt a pet from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization
- Volunteer at your local shelter
- Donate blankets, food and toys to a favorite animal welfare organization
- Have a National Pet Day party and celebrate all your pets
- Spend the day taking photos of your pets and then post them on our Facebook page
- Buy your pet a fun new toy
- Hire a professional pet photographer for a fun photo shoot
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalpetday #ilovemypet #petday