National Nut Day
There are hundreds of types of nuts out there. With all the different varieties available it seems only right we should celebrate nuts. The most common types of nuts include peanuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews. Hazelnuts, kola nuts and pine nuts are other varieties. Nuts are a healthy snack and have been known to be good for your heart by lowering a person’s LDL cholesterol levels.
When is National Nut Day?
October 22nd. Celebrated Annually
Type of Holiday?
How is National Nut Day celebrated?
- Buy a new type of nut you have never tasted before
- Share nuts with friends, family, and co-workers
- Have friends over and put nuts out
- Have a tasting with different kinds of nuts to try
- Send nuts to someone who is a huge fan of them.
National Nut Day Facts:
- Nuts are defined as a simple, dry fruit with one seed in which the seed case wall becomes very hard at maturity.
- True nuts include pecan, sweet chestnut, beech, acorns, hazel, and hornbeam.
- Peanuts, almonds, pistachios, cashews, horse chestnuts and pine nuts are not nuts. Anyone else in shock over this nut fact?
- You need to eat nuts raw for them to have the most impact on your health, but roasted is fine, too.
- “Fancy” nut mixes do not include peanuts.
- The most common types of nuts include peanuts, walnuts, pecans, almonds and cashews. Hazelnuts, kola nuts and pine nuts are other varieties.
- Nuts are a healthy snack and have been known to be good for your heart by lowering a person’s LDL cholesterol levels.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February :
- Jeff Goldblum, Actor
- Deontay Wilder – (Professional Boxer)
- 21 Savage
- Lynette Fromme, the woman who attempted to assassinate former President of the United States, Gerald Ford
- Daniel Boone – Pioneer
Do you have a favorite nut? Feel free to share with us as to which is your favorite nut – and no that doesn’t include your significant other.