National Nachos Day
National Nachos Day is a day set aside to celebrate nachos – because who doesn’t love nachos? Nachos are tortilla chips covered in nacho cheese or other melted cheese and served with salsa. First created sometime around 1943, the popular and loved nachos are of Mexican origin. Nachos can be made quickly and served as a snack, an appetizer or prepared with extra ingredients as a full meal.
When is National Nachos Day?
November 6th – the same day every year
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun Holiday.
How is National Nacho Day celebrated?
- Nachos for breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Go out and order loaded nachos
- Have friends over and make nachos for them
National Tortilla Day Facts:
- Nachos were created sometime around 1943
- Nachos are of Mexican origin
- Nachos can be made quickly and served as a snack, an appetizer or prepared with extra ingredients as a full meal
- The original recipe is printed in the 1954 St. Anne’s Cookbook
- Nachos with more than one or two toppings are frequently called loaded nachos, super nachos or nachos supreme.
- Some favorite nachos toppings are ground beef, shredded beef, chicken, seafood, shredded cheese, jalapeno peppers, green pepper, sour cream and guacamole.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on November 6th:
- Maria Shriver – American newscaster and ex-wife of Arnold Schwarzenegger
- Ethan Hawke – Actor
- Kelly Rutherford – Actress
- Thandie Newton – English Actress
- Pat Tillman – American football player and U.S. Army Ranger – deceased
- Lamar Odom – Former NBA Basketball player
- Emma Stone – Actress
- Rebecca Romijin – Model/Actress