NATIONAL CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM DAY
While the origin of National Chocolate Ice Cream Day is unknown, it is believed the first ice cream flavors were fruit-based, but by the 18th century, both vanilla and chocolate were the most common, in addition to being the most loved. It is rumored that Thomas Jefferson brought ice cream to the United States after loving the delicious dessert while living in France in the 1780s.
When is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day?
It is celebrated annually on June 7th.
How is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day Celebrated?
- How else would you celebrate such an amazing holiday but by eating some chocolate ice cream! Alone, in a sundae, in a shake or as part of a cake, there are numerous ways to consume the best loved treat.
- Try making your own chocolate ice cream – there are hundreds of variations to try.
- Visit an old-time ice cream parlor.
- Buy different brands and/or variations of chocolate ice cream and have a tasting party.
National Chocolate Ice Cream Day Trivia/Facts:
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- Chocolate is second only to vanilla as the favorite flavor of ice cream.
- Chocolate ice cream was allegedly created by Italians who froze hot chocolate; the first frozen chocolate recipe appeared in 1692 in Naples.
- June is the month of the highest chocolate ice cream production.
- It is believed Thomas Jefferson brought ice cream to the states upon his return from France where he had enjoyed it while being the American Ambassador to that country.
- The United States produces around 1.6 billion gallons of ice cream each year.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on June 7th:
- Mike Pence – Politician
- Anna Kournikova – Tennis player
- Susan Blow – Mother of the Kindergarten
- Dean Martin – Singer/actor
- Paul Gauguin – Post-impressionist painter
- Tom Jones – Singer
- Liam Neeson – Actor
- Jessica Tandy – Actress
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#chocolateicecream #iloveicecream #chocolateismyfavorite #chocolateicecreamday