National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day
Chocolate Covered Raisins are exactly what they sound like – raisins covered in chocolate. The most famous brand of this candy is Raisinets. They were first made by a candy store in Philadelphia in 1927. In 1984, Nestle purchased the rights to make the candy. Raisins are a healthy snack as they are an excellent source of fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, and certain B vitamins. Dark chocolate in moderation is also a healthy snack. Together they make a great mid-day snack, satisfying both your hunger pains and the need for a bit of chocolate.
When is National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day?
The same day every year, March 24th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial Holiday. Fun.
How is National Chocolate Raisin Day celebrated?
- Celebrate by having a party and serving the snack
- Invite friends over to make your own recipe
- Go to the movies and buy the snack
National Chocolate Covered Raisin Day Trivia/Facts:
- The most famous brand of chocolate covered raisins is Raisinets
- They were first made by a candy store in Philadelphia in 1927
- Raisinets sold the rights to make their candy to Nestle in 1984
- Every single chocolate covered Raisinet is polished to make it shine
- One of the most popular snacks for movie goers besides popcorn is this chocolate covered snack
- Raisins are a great source of fiber, potassium, iron, calcium, and certain B vitamins.
- This is a somewhat healthy snack
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 24th:
- Jim Parsons – Actor “Big Bang Theory”
- Peyton Manning – Football Player
- Harry Houdini – Famous Magician
- Chris Bosh – Basketball Player
- Tommy Hilfiger – Fashion Designer
- Steve McQueen – Actor/Deceased
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#chocolatecoveredraisins #raisins #chocolateraisins