National Chocolate Covered Nut Day
Also referred to as Chocolate Covered Peanut Day, this holiday is all about dipping your favorite nuts in chocolate. Some common nuts used for the holiday include peanuts, almonds, and pecan. While it is popular to cover the nuts with dark chocolate, milk chocolate is also commonplace. Another popular treat is chocolate covered peanut clusters.
When is National Chocolate Covered Nut Day?
It’s celebrated the same day every year, February 25th.
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial, fun holiday
How is National Chocolate Covered Nut Day celebrated?
You can celebrate this holiday by making your own chocolate covered nut or you can head out to the store and pick a favorite and buy it. Eating this snack while watching television or a movie has been a common way to enjoy the snack.
National Chocolate Covered Nut Day Trivia/Facts:
- The first nuts covered in chocolate were sold commercially in America in 1925
- Goobers is the oldest brand of chocolate covered nuts to be sold
- One of the most common jingles relating to nuts is the Almond Joy commercial, “Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 25th:
- Veronica Webb – Actress
- Carrot Top – Comedian
- Tea Leoni – Actress
- Sean Astin – Actor
- Justin Jeffre – Singer from 98 Degrees
- Chelsea Handler – Comedian
- Rashida Jones – Actress from “The Office,” ”Parks and Recreation”
- Shawna Thompson – Singer of Thompson Square
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.