National Candy Day
National Candy Day is a celebration of all your favorite candies eaten by people all over the world. There are thousands of different types of candy, all with their own unique flavors, tastes and histories. Some of the more popular candies include gum, followed by chocolate. The first candy to be sold individually wrapped were tootsie rolls.
When is National Candy Day?
Type of Holiday?
Food, Fun Holiday
How is National Candy Day celebrated?
- Buy your favorite candy
- Invite friends over for some candy
- Swap candy with friends
National Candy Day Facts:
- The invention of the candy press was in 1847.
- The two top-selling candies in America have been M & M’S and Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
- M&M’s were first manufactured in 1941 and were given to American soldiers serving in the Second World War.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups were first manufactured in 1928 by the Hershey’s company.
- The first candy is believed to have come to America from Britain and France.
- Americans over the age of 18 eat about 65% of all the candy produced each year.
- The average American eats 25 pounds of candy each year while the average person in Denmark eats 36 pounds annually.
- The best selling candy in the world is GUM, followed by the Hershey’s Kiss.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter cups make over $500 million annually – that’s a lot of chocolate.
- Tootsie Rolls is the U.S.’s first individually wrapped treat known as penny candy.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on November 4th:
- Diddy – Musician
- Matthew McConaughey – Actor
- Jessa Duggar – Reality TV Star
- Ralph Macchio – Actor
- Kathy Griffin – Comedian
- Jeff Probst – Survivor MC
- Bethenny Frankel – Reality Star – Real Housewives of NYC
- Doris Roberts – Actress
Do you have a favorite candy? What is it?
Check out other holidays in November here!