National Brownie Day – December
National Brownie day is all about the delicious, decadent chocolate dessert. A brownie is a square, baked, chocolate dessert. Brownies come in a variety of forms and can include nuts, frosting, cream cheese, chocolate chips, and other various ingredients. A variation made with vanilla rather than chocolate in the batter is called a blonde brownie or blondie, which also has a special day to celebrate.
When is National Brownie Day?
National Brownie Day is celebrated every year on December 8th
Type of Holiday?
Unofficial. Fun holiday
How is National Brownie Day celebrated?
- The best way to celebrate this delicious holiday is by baking brownies
- Invite friends and family over for brownies. Have them bring different varieties over so you can taste them all
- Add peanut butter topping or ice cream to your brownie
- Looking for a recipe – check out this Betty Crocker recipe
National Brownie Day Trivia:
- Brownies date back to the 1800’s
- The brownie was developed in the United States at the end of the 19th century and popularized in the U.S. and Canada during the first half of the 20th century.
- There are hundreds of brownie recipes in existence. This includes brownies with peanut butter, brownies with walnuts, brownies and bananas and anything else that tastes good with chocolate
- The first brownie recipe was printed in a cookbook in 1905
- National Blonde Brownie Day is January 22nd
- The largest brownie ever made was 234.2 pounds. It was made by Something Sweet, a bakery in Alabama
- It’s less expensive to make brownies from scratch then it is to bake them out of a box. You can make a brownie for 16 cents a serving.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on December 8th:
- Nicki Minaj – Rapper/Singer
- Ian Somerholder – Actor
- Kim Basinger – Actress
- Ann Coulter – Political Analyst
- Sinead O’Connor – Singer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalbrownieday #brownieday #ilovebrownies