NATIONAL BEST FRIENDS DAY
National Best Friends Day, a day to honor that one special person you call your “best friend”. This day is a time to show them how much you appreciate them, how special and important they are to you and how you cherish their friendship.
When is National Best Friends Day?
Celebrated annually on June 8th.
How is National Best Friends Day Celebrated?
- Send a card/flowers/gift thanking that special person for being your best friend
- Get together with your best friend for coffee/a meal/a movie/a weekend away
- Call or Skype a friend who doesn’t live close to you
- Plan something you know your friend has been wanting to do and help them cross something off their bucket list.
- Think of something you used to do together and try to revisit
National Best Friends Day Trivia/Facts:
- According to statistics, loyalty is the most valued quality in a close friend.
- Helen Keller is quoted as saying “walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.”.
- The finale of the TV series, “Friends,” was one of the top 5 most watched series finales of all times!
- There’s no definitive founder of Best Friends Day but some believe it began in 2002 when a group of musicians and artists, who were all good friends, wanted to throw a huge party celebrating friendship. They allegedly decided to create Bet Friends Day with a party at a local water park and with social media, word spread all over the world.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on June 8th:
- Barbara Bush – Former First Lady
- Frank Lloyd Wright – Architect
- Gabrielle Giffords – Politician
- Boz Skaggs – Singer
- Joan Rivers – Comedienne
- Kanye West – Rapper
- Jerry Stiller – Actor/comedian
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#bestfriendsday #bestfriends #hugafriend