National Mimosa Day
National Mimosa Day remains a mystery. There is no information on how it became a day to celebrate the drink – not that we mind, of course. The mimosa is a combination of champagne and usually orange juice. It is traditionally served in a tall flute at brunch and parties, like weddings and bridal showers.
When is Mimosa Day Celebrated?
May 16th. Annually
Type of Holiday:
Fun, Food Holiday
How to Celebrate Mimosa Day?
- Invite friends over for brunch and serve mimosas.
- Go out for brunch with friends and family and order the special drink
- Mimosas are made from champagne.
- While mimosas are popular for a morning celebration, don’t forget other drinks that are also served in the morning. These include bloody mary’s, the bellini (which is a fancier version of the mimosa) and the screwdriver.
- Mimosas are named after a bright, exotic flower that grows in tropical and subtropical climates. The drink is thought to resemble the vibrant orange blossoms of the plant.
- The mimosa was created by a bartender, Frank Meier in 1936.
Famous Birthdays on May 16th:
- Pierce Brosnan – Irish, American Actor
- Megan Fox – Actress
- Janet Jackson – Singer-Songwriter
- Henry Fonda – Deceased American Actor
- H. H. Holmes – Serial Killer.
- Liberace – Deceased American Pianist
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalmimosaday #mimosaday #ilovemimosas #celebratewithamimosa