NATIONAL JEWEL DAY
Jewels refer to gemstones. While jewel day is the perfect day to give or receive jewelry, it is also a day to recognize jewelers. Some of the most common gemstones are diamonds, pearls, emeralds, and rubies.
When is National Jewel Day celebrated?
The holiday is celebrated every year on the same day, March 13th.
Type of Holiday?
How is National Jewel Day Celebrated?
- Buy yourself a piece of jewelry
- Exchange jewelry with your friends or family
- Use this day to take care of your jewels, make sure your stones aren’t loose
- Learn about jewels
- Listen to music by Jewel, the singer-songwriter.
While this day may be a special day to give or receive jewelry, it is also a day to recognize jewelers. I for one would prefer to give or receive a jewel, versus celebrating my jeweler.
Random/Fun Facts about National Jewel Day (or jewelry)?
- Americans call it jewelry, everyone else calls it jewellery.
- Jade is referred to as ‘the stone of heaven’
- A large, perfect, gem quality ruby is worth more than a similar sized diamond
- Jewelry is often seen as a status symbol. Reality star, Kim Kardashian can vouch for that with her 16.2-carat diamond ring from her husband, Kanye West, worth more than two million dollars. Ryan Reynolds brought his beautiful wife a 12-carat diamond ring worth more than two and a half million dollars. Jackie Kennedy Onassis owned a 40-carat diamond ring from her second husband, Aristotle Onassis.
- Wedding rings for men are relatively new. They became popular in the 20th-century thanks to a practice launched by the jewelry industry to help increase sales and double their market reach (it seems to have worked).
Are you wondering what your birthstone is?
Birthstones by Month:
January – Garnet
February – Amethyst
March – Aquamarine
April – Diamond
May – Emerald
June – Pearl
July – Ruby
August – Peridot
September – Sapphire
October – Opal
November – Yellow Topaz, Citrine
December – Tanzanite, Zircon, Blue Topaz
Celebrities with birthdays on March 13th:
- Neil Sedaka – Singer-songwriter
- William H. Macy, Actor
- Dana Delaney, Actress
- Adam Clayton, Bassist of U2
- Terence Blanchard, Jazz trumpeter
- Common, Rapper
- Khujo, Rapper of Goodie Mob
- Danny Masterson, Actor (”That `70s Show”)
- Tristan Thompson, Basketball Player
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#jewels #jewelday #emeraldheartnecklace #diamonds
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?