National Homemade Cookies Day
National Homemade Cookie Day is a day set aside to bake your favorite cookies at home. While you don’t need an excuse to bake cookies, having a special day set aside guarantees there will be lots of baking going on.
When is National Homemade Cookies Day?
Type of Holiday?
How is National Homemade Cookies Day celebrated?
- Bake Cookies – The best way to celebrate National Cookies Day is to bake some good old fashioned cookies. You can bake chocolate chip cookie, oatmeal cookies or a secret favorite family recipe and share them with friends, family, and coworkers!
- Host a Cookie Baking Contest – National Homemade Cookie Day is a great excuse to have friends or family over and have a bake off. Vote on it and see whose cookie is the best.
- Cookie Exchange – have your guests bake cookies at home and then exchange them with each other. No need to wait for the holidays to exchange cookies – do it in October.
- Send your favorite recipes to family and friends
National Homemade Cookies Day Facts:
- The average person consumes almost 19,000 cookies in a lifetime (doesn’t that sound like a lot of cookies?)
- Americans consume over 2 billion cookies a year or about 300 cookies for each person.
- Half the cookies baked in homes each year are chocolate chip.
- Baking burns 168 – 348 calories an hour (at least you’re burning some calories prior to eating them all)
- The biggest recorded cookie was reportedly baked in 2003 and was said to be 102 feet wide and weighed over 40,000 pounds.
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#nationalcookieday #bakehomemadecookies #chocolatechipcookies
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on October 1st:
- Zach Galifianakis – Actor
- Julie Andrews – Actress
- Randy Quaid – Actor
- Jimmy Carter – former U.S. President
- Brie Larson – Actress
- Curtis Axel – Wrestler
What is your favorite cookie? Will you be baking for National Cookie Day?
It’s International Coffee Day today – coffee and cookies – it doesn’t get better than that.