February 7th – National Fettuccine Alfredo Day
When is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day?
National Fettuccine Alfredo Day is celebrated every year on the 7th day of February.
Type of Holiday?
This interesting food holiday was founded in 1908 by an Italian restaurant owner, who invented the dish in an effort to help wet his wife’s appetite. After having a baby, his wife had no desire to eat, so he created a dish of noodles, cheese, and butter. She enjoyed the meal so much, she requested he put it on his restaurant’s menu located in Rome. Needless to say, the meal became popular in Italy and very soon after, the world.
How is National Fettuccine Alfredo Day celebrated?
The holiday is celebrated the only way it could be – by eating the delicious dish of noodles, butter, and cheese. Whether you go out to dinner or create the magnificent dish at home, as long as you are eating the dish, you are celebrating the creation. It is suggested to share the dish with friends and family, good food tends to bring people together. Check out this “to die for recipe from All Recipes.”
National Fettuccine Day Facts:
- The restaurant where the meal was created became famous when Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks stopped in and fell in love with the dish while on their honeymoon in 1920.
- The business was sold but still exists today
- Today the restaurant, Alfredo ll, has expanded from Rome and now has locations in New York, Orlando, and Las Vegas.
- To make it a single-dish meal, chicken and vegetables, such as peas, are often served on top.
- In the jarred Alfredo sauce available in supermarkets, the sauce is thickened with starch – not with cheese (no wonder the fresh version tastes so delicious)
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on February 7th:
- Chris Rock – Comedian
- Isaiah Thomas – Basketball Player
- Garth Brooks – Country Singer
- Charles Dickens – famous novelist
- Laura Ingalls Wilder – Little House on the Prairie was based on her story
- James Spade – Actor
- John Deere – Entrepreneur
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Another holiday celebrated on February 7th is National Send a Card to a Friend Day
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Elmo’s Birthday, Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.