Is there anyone in the United States who doesn’t know Elmo? Can you tell me how to get to Sesame Street? Elmo is the number one character on the famous television show, Sesame Street. Joined by Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and Bert and Ernie, Elmo is by far one of the most well-known television characters to ever exist. The furry red puppet was created in the early 70’s and started out as “Baby Monster” on the television series, Elmo became a steady character and a household name in 1985. He hasn’t aged in years and has remained three-and-a-half years old since the 80’s. Elmo has become so popular in recent years there are Elmo workshops where you can create Elmo art, there are also chocolate molds, slippers, dolls and Sesame Street Live, which focuses on all of the Sesame Street characters.
When is Elmo’s Birthday?
Like all birthdays, Elmo celebrates his birthday the same date every year, February 3rd.
Type of Holiday?
How is Elmo’s Birthday Celebrated?
- Like any other 3 1/2 year old’s birthday, Elmo celebrates with friends, family, a party and of course a cake. Lots of cake. When Elmo isn’t celebrating his birthday, his fans are frequently using him to help celebrate their birthdays.
- Whether having Elmo come to a little one’s birthday party or just using Elmo paper plates and napkins, Elmo has become a permanent fixture at a toddler’s birthday party.
- You can also use your favorite character to celebrate your toddler’s birthday by having him make an appearance for the big day.
- You can make cupcakes or even rice crispy treats highlighting his famous orange nose.
- You can give out goldfish (Dorothy) or even slippers with his face on it at an Elmo themed birthday party.
Fun Elmo Facts:
- Elmo is a male
- Elmo has a family. His mother and father are Louie and Mae, his sister is Daisy.
- Elmo is from the United States.
- Elmo’s best friends are Zoe and Abby
- He has a pet goldfish, Dorothy.
- Elmo loves eating his favorite food, wasabi.
- He also loves riding his tricycle.
- He loves being tickled so much there is a Tickle Me Elmo doll.
- Elmo hosts a 15-minute segment on Sesame Street, called Elmo’s World.
- Sesame Street has been on the air since November 1969.
- Elmo first appeared on Sesame Street in 1985.
- Elmo is perpetually 3 1/2 years old.
- In the 1970s early days of Sesame Street, Elmo was an “extra” puppet — rarely used.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday along with Elmo on February 3rd:
- Amal Clooney – Lawyer, George Clooney’s wife
- Nathan Lane – Actor
- Elizabeth Blackwell – Doctor
- Morgan Fairchild – Actress
- Isla Fischer – Actress
- Maura Tierney – Actress
- Sean Kingston – Rapper
- Rebel Wilson – Actress
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
Are you a fan of Elmo? Do you have a favorite Sesame Street character?
February is filled with a variety of holidays including Stuffed Mushroom Day, National Wear Red Day and let us not forget World Nutella Day. We have you covered whether you are looking for a holiday in a specific month or industry – Special Days of the Month is your go-to place.