Eiffel Tower Day
The Eiffel Tower officially opened on March 31, 1889. The tower was designed by Gustave Eiffel. Eiffel also designed the framework for the Statue of Liberty, located in New York. The tower is one of the most famous towers in the world and is an iconic symbol of Paris.
When is Eiffel Tower Day?
Every year on March 31st
Type of Holiday?
How to celebrate Eiffel Tower Day?
- Wear clothes or jewelry that feature the tower
- Bake an Eiffel Tower cake and invite friends and family over
- Go to Paris and see the tower
- Get a book about the tower and read it to your children
Eiffel Tower Trivia/Facts:
- Eiffel completed his great tower under budget in just two years
- It took 2 years, 2 months and 5 days in total to build
- Only one worker lost his life during construction
- The tower is 984 feet tall
- The Eiffel Tower remained the world’s tallest man-made structure until the completion of the Chrysler Building in New York in 1930
- The tower has 108 stories, with 1,710 steps. Visitors can only climb stairs to the first platform. There are two elevators.
- The tower is used as a transmitter station
- The tower is one of the world’s premier tourist attractions
- The tower is painted every seven years to keep it looking young. It takes 60 tons of paint to maintain it.
- Every evening, the tower sparkles with golden lights, a magical display that happens for five minutes every hour, on the hour, until 1 am.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 31st:
- Ewan McGregor – Actor
- Johann Sebastian Bach – Composer
- René Déscartes – Mathematician,
- Cesar Chavez – Civil Rights Activist
- Rhea Perlman – Actress
- Christopher Walken – Actor
- Joseph Haydn Composer
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
EiffelTower # Eiffel #Paris
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?