Caregiver Appreciation Day
With over ten million Americans being cared for by caregivers, the selfless people who give their time to care for those who are ill, disabled, or elderly, really should be recognized. This day of recognition is for caregivers everywhere, both paid and unpaid. Unpaid caregivers are typically caring for a family member. It can be a thankless task where the caregiver goes unrecognized, giving their time and resources so their family member will be taken care of in a way they deem appropriate.
When is Caregiver Appreciation Day?
Celebrated two times per year – on March 3rd and November 13th
Type of Holiday?
How is Caregiver Appreciation celebrated?
Since many caregivers neither seek or expect any form of recognition, you can really surprise them today. How can you do that:
- One way to recognize this special day is to give a simple thank you to anyone who is caring for a loved one
- Send a thank you card by mail or email
- If possible, give them a day off and take over the role of caring
- If you are an organization, give recognition certificates to caregivers
- Send something special, such as flowers or candy to let them know you are thinking about them
Caregiver Appreciation Trivia/Facts:
- 29% of the U.S. population, some 65 million Americans are caregivers in some way
- According to the U.S. Department of Labor, over 40 million Americans, age 15 or older, provide unpaid care to the elderly alone
- There are many individuals and groups who have declared a Caregivers Appreciation or Recognition Day. But, no one individual or entity is named
- On average, caregivers spend over 24 hours of their week caring for a loved one
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#caregiversday #appreciatecaregivers #caregiverrecognitionday
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on March 3rd :
- Buddy Valastro – Chef
- Chief Joseph – Nez Perce leader
- William Godwin – Journalist
- Julie Bowen- Actress
- Camila Cabello – Singer
- Herschel Walker – Athlete
- Charles Ponzi – Criminal, banker
What’s your favorite holiday to celebrate in March?