ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS DAY
Administrative Professionals’ Day is also known as Secretaries’ Day or Admin Day. This day recognizes the work of secretaries, administrative assistants, receptionists, and other administrative support professionals. Where would some employees be without their right-hand person?
When is Administrative Professionals Day?
The day is celebrated every year on the last Wednesday in April. 2018: April 25th, 2019: April 24th, 2020: April 22nd
How is Administrative Professionals Day Celebrated?
- There are many ways employers can recognize and reward their administrative staff for their hard work, including cards, flowers, lunch out, a day off or a bonus.
- Many administrative professionals have indicated that they would appreciate attending a seminar or conference to expand their capabilities.
Administrative Professionals Day Trivia/Facts:
- This day first came about when Mary Barrett of the International Association of Administrative Professionals and Mr. Woodbridge, then president of Dictaphone Corporation wanted to address the national shortage of skilled office workers experienced during World War II.
- The official celebration was initially proclaimed by Commerce Secretary Charles Sawyer as “National Secretaries Week” in 1952, which was then celebrated June 1–7. It was later moved to April.
- The name has also changed over the past few decades as the role of secretaries and assistants has changed and expanded beyond the original definition of a secretary.
- There are more than 22 million administrative and office support professionals working in the United States.
Celebrities who celebrate their birthday on April 25th:
- Oliver Cromwell – Puritan Lord Protector of England
- Al Pacino – Actor
- Guglielmo Marconi – Inventor of the radio
- Alex Shibutani – Figure skater
- Ella Fitzgerald – Jazz singer
- Renee Zellweger – Actress
- Meadowlark Lemmon – Basketball star
Popular Social Media Hashtags:
#Adminprofessionalsday #lovemyadmin #lovemysecretary